Monday, September 26, 2011

Holy MozamBUTTERFLIES!

Well, I'm stuck at the Amtrak station in Chicago waiting for the train to Milwaukee. Apparently they don't let you on the train two minutes before it's about to leave even though you ran across downtown in a rainstorm. Lame. Fortunately, this gives me time to ponder life's mysteries, blog about my last few days in America, and post inappropriate things on my brother's Facebook wall.

I'm down to my last 24 hours in Wisconsin and the one thing I'm regretting is not eating more cheese. Besides the lack of dairy, I think I've had a pretty sunny final week in the Midwest. Sunniest part of my week part 1: today is family Thanksgiving. I told my mom I was most upset about missing my favorite holiday so today we're gathering the troops (mostly just getting Anna from Madison) and celebrating the most holy of holidays, Thanksgiving. I'll probably make a corny speech and eat more gravy than actual food, but that's what Turkey Day's about, right? Other than food, however, I'll be thankful if I get everything packed and ready to go by tomorrow morning...

Sunniest part of my week part 2: Matt surprised me with tickets to the Packer/Bears game in Chicago this weekend. OMG AARON RODGERS IN STRETCHY PANTS DROOOOOOOOOL. Not only did it not rain on us, but the Packers won (duh) and we got to watch a fight from its most early stages to the knock down drag out finale. Cloudiest part of the game: I didn't get to run my fingers through Clay Matthew's luscious golden locks :(

Mozambique is getting realer by the minute, but I'm still not sure how I feel. Antsy? Excited? Nervous? Overwhelmed? Hungry? Definitely hungry. It's really just too big of an adventure to wrap my head around at this point, so I won't right now. I'll just keep dreaming about stuffing and pumpkin bread pudding and Donald Driver while I wait for this train.

No comments:

Post a Comment